Sunday, October 22, 2006

Recap... from the last 3 weeks.

It's been a long time from my last post. I've been kind of busy in the BSchool, so I'll try to make a quick recap:

  • AVON Walk: amazing experience. The weather was very good, and the spirit was increadible. All the East side of Manhattan and Brooklyn was pink! I raised $2,500, which I thought it was a great sum, but I just knew that a 5-member team raised $100,000. In total we raised 9.7 million dollars! I am trying to do it again for next years, so, those who didn't donate this year: you'll get your chance! :-) We'll make this disease disappear!

  • My friends in New York: one of my two best friends came to New York to visit us. They stayed here for 10 days, and although I didn't have much time to be with them, it was great to have them here. When you are so far from home, you miss your friends and family a lot, so sharing a few days makes a difference. So, thanks for coming!

  • MidTerm Exams: Last week I had the first midterms at Stern. They were OK, at least I think so, although I don't have my grades yet :-)

  • Recruiting: the Recruiting Process already started! Everyday 2 or 3 companies come to campus to give their corporate presentations and to mingle with us. They also organize lunches and dinners, and pannels, and case-preparation sessions.... Every one of these events is not a social event... they are "recruiting events", they get you closer or farther to the "closed-lists". The names on these lists are the ones who are going to be interviewed in January - February; and out of those, the companies will decide with ones they'll hire. So... I'm hanging there! It's extrange, because I am not used to "sell myself", and I am not used to ask people for their business cards, and... well, it's very different from Spain, but I'm getting there:-)

  • AVP Marketing of Scorp: the American guy won with his "Save by the bell", E-True story. I think it was a great experience for me anyway, and I believe he's going to do a great job.

  • Vice-President positions: although I didn't get the AVP Marketing for SCorp, it seems that it was a good training for me. I was elected Vice-President of Alumni USA in the European Business Society (EBS) and Vice-President of Publicity in the Strategy and Operations Club. So, I'll get to do many things. I'll just try to not over-work and over-involved myself in this.

  • More Kids!: some of our best friends are expecting new babies again!!! Yeah!! So... congratulations!

  • Wedding: one of my cousins just got married last weekend and I couldn't attend the wedding. I think this was the first time that I missed a family event. But I couldn't miss classes, and it was just the weekend before my exams, so... I wish I was there, but... c'est la vie!

  • New Appartment and New Job: my older brother and his girlfriend just moved to a new appartment (this time it is an appartment, not a studio) in Madrid, which is great because we'll have more space when we go visiting :-) Furthermore, she changed her job to a better one! So... more good news in the family!!!

I think that's it for today! I'll try to post more frequently, although I can't promise!

2 comments:

voigt-kampff 1672 said...

Awesome!!! Life smiles you. (Je ne sais pas si ça marche)

Gallina Clueca said...

Realmente intensas estas semanas.

Estas son las cosas que te gustará conservar y recordar.