Monday, April 02, 2007

Amazing Japan!

I liked with Japan before I had the opportunity to visit it. Now... after spending 10 days there...

I can say that...

... I am completely in love with this country!!!

- Amazing culture: silent, ancient, spiritual, historical, unique...
- Amazing people: polite, extremely courteous, pleasant, friendly...
- Amazing cities and towns: clean, beautiful, modern & old together, organized...

The only reason why this trip does not displace Egipt trip from its 1st position, is that my 'angel' wasn't with me.

We both visit Japan, but not together... But... Romance aside....


Best trip ever!!!!
It's difficult for me to pick one particular moment as the best one there.

I started my journey in Tokyo, where we visited the touristic area of Ropongi, the financial area, Harayuku, Sony headquarters, and of course the Fish Market at 4am in the morning (where I ate for the first time Sashimi). Also in Tokyo, I had the opportunity to see again, after 10 years, my good friend Mitsuyo! She took the day off and travel from her hometown to Tokyo to spend the day with me! So sweet!


From Tokyo we traveled in the amazing "Tren Bala" to Nagoya, where we visited Toyota factory. No wonder how ZARA works so well after working with Toyota's executives, it's really impressive!



From Nagoya, we headed to Gifu, where we stayed at a traditional Japanese Onsen Hotel. There, we had a traditional 12 courses Japanesse dinner that was served on the floor (tatamis). In this same hotel we enjoyed the strange experience of bathing in Spring Waters.




After Gifu, the wonderful and magic Kioto, Geiko's city; where, I had the opportunity to dress like a Geiko (Dear Lord!!! I looked awfull -see the picture-). I had always had this fantasy of dressing like a Geisha, and I always imagined that I would be beautiful....

Well, it didn't happen!

They cover your face completely with white paint (yes! paint, no make up, I almost died trying to take it out), they take out haft your eyebrow, they hide your eyelashes, they minimize your lips to the minimum possible, they compress your brests, they hide your hips, and they give you a belly.... My God! When I looked myself in the mirrow for the 1st time I couldn't believe it! There's a reason why Western women aren't Geishas...
However, it was one of the funniest parts of the trip. And... our Japanes friend Yuichi said that we looked beautiful (poor thing!)



After two days in Kioto, we traveled to Osaka, where we saw Osaka temple, enjoyed the city and had their typical food Okonomiyaki (Delicious!); and had the opportunity to attend the Sumo World Tournament.... No words!

It was fast! Wasn't it? The 10th day I couldn't believe I was coming back to NY already!

I really recomend everyone to visit Japan! It's totally worth it!

I can't wait to come back!

1 comment:

Zorro de Segovia said...

ja, ja, you look pretty like geisha. Muac from your friends in Spain!