Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Who put a smile on my face today?...

She's Fatama, she's 14 years old, she lives in Burkina Faso; and she's my new Sponsored Child (Apadrinada)!!!

These days are being kind of hard on me, and I realized that I needed something to lighten my life. Of course, the best way for me to lighten my life is by lightening others', and that's how the sponsorship idea came to my mind again.

I got into Plan's website and had the temptation of picking and choosing the most "beautiful" child in the pictures, or the one that appears best in the photo... and then I realized that my goal was to help someone who doesn't have many chances of get help. So, I clicked on the option "I want to sponsor the child who has been waiting longer", and there she was. Not many people want to sponsor teenagers, most of us prefer babies and see how they grow... So Fatama could be left in the wait-list to be sponsored until she was 18.

So, welcome the new member of our family: Fatama!

I'll post more pictures and information about her, as soon as I get it.


And to those of you who hadn't sponsor a child yet, here are some webs you maight check out:
Sponsor a child! Apadrina un nino!

No comments: