Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Constant Gardener


This weekend, after my husband left to Spain, I decided to watch "The Constant Gardener" and I loved it. Though it made me miss him even more...

It's not the typical protest film, though it explains the moral dilemma faced by pharmaceutical companies, governmental institutions, non-profit organizations... while working in countries like Africa. It makes you wanna do something, reveal against the system, fight against injustice... help those people who are living an awful life just because they were born in the wrong place.

It's not the typical love story, though it shows the puresness of love, the meaning of loving someone "rotten", how protective love can be... speechless! It's a kind of love that is so real but at the same time so perfect, so profound that I can hardly describe it with words.

It's not the typical hollywood-oscar nominated film with a perfect filmation. Sometimes it seems like someones is really living the story and recording it with his/her personal camera. However it gets to transmit passion, closeness, credibility and a huge dosis of reality.

I highly recommend it!

No comments: