Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Lies about Executives' Education

The intrepid reporter from TheStreet.com, Herb Greenberg announced some "mistakes" in several executives' resumes.

For example, Bausch & Lomb CEO Ronald Zarrella claimed an MBA from New York University's Stern School of Business, while he never obtained such a post-graduate program in any university.

Veritas Software CFO Kenneth Lonchar, claimed a degree from Arizona State University and an MBA from Stanford. However all he actually has is an undergraduate degree from Idaho State University.

Why do executives lie about their education? I mean, is it really worth it? This humillation their are suffering now for their lies, is worth the time they managed to ware their masks? I don't know!

I don't think I never lied about my education. In fact, when I was preparing my MBA application, I must say that I was tempted to add some courses I never took, some social work I never did, some languages I don't speak... But, I just had to think about it one sec, to realize that the benefits I could get from lying are not worth the humillation I could get when someone discovered the truth. Besides, I would allways have in my mind that I had lied.

It's not about the people who might find out that I was lying, its about myself, knowing that I've lied. How could I look myself in the mirror and be proud of what I'm seeing?

However, the facts are the facts! People usually lie in their resumés!

BTW: Check this site out: www.cartoonstock.com/ directory/l/lies.asp

No comments: