Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wimbledon 2006

With all the excitement about the beginning of my MBA, I forgot talking about the great Wimbledon Final. I think the match was incredible! Federed won his fourth Wimbledon in a row and reafirmed his place as number 1 tennis player in the world.

However, against all odds, Federer suffered considerably in his prefered surface. Nadal played wonderfully and fiercefully, and at some point, he made us think that it was possible for him to win (at least, after he won the third set, I was sure he was going to turn around the match and win the final).



The result 6-0, 7-6 (5), 6-7 (2), 6-3, demonstrates several things (in my modest opinion):
  • Nadal learns very quickly, the improvement in his play in a quick surface has been astonishing.
  • Nadal has a remarkable mental strenght, he doesn't give up.
  • Next year Rafa Nadal will be prepared to win both in clay and in grass.
  • Federer is, so far, the best tennis player, ever.

I am looking forward for next year Open. For now, Congratulations to both, for being Great Tennis Players!

No comments: